Laser tattoo removal Brisbane – PicoWay
Our Unbeatable Prices
We’re not just equipped with Brisbane’s most potent laser; we also offer the most budget-friendly rates. We back this claim with concrete evidence. Check out the side-by-side price comparison below, pitting us against several other laser tattoo removal companies in Brisbane. We’ll let you make the judgment!”
Whether you aim to erase a modest-sized tattoo or have a considerable amount of ink to remove, you won’t discover a superior offer in Brisbane. We strongly advise opting for a 3 or 6-session package, as this is where significant cost savings await. Following your initial free consultation, we’ll provide tailored recommendations on the most suitable package based on your tattoo. This ensures you don’t book more sessions than strictly needed.
Straightforward and Clear Pricing That’s Easily Comprehensible
At CB Ink, we aim to provide you with a convenient and user-friendly way to estimate the cost of removing your tattoo right from your home. Although we can’t determine the exact number of treatments required until we assess your body’s response to laser, we can certainly provide you with the cost per session. Here’s a simple guide to help you calculate the expense
1. Draw a rectangle around your tattoo
We try to be as generous as possible here regarding white space.
2. Measure the length by width and multiply for surface area
In the case of the above tattoo, it was 3cm x 1cm.
This gives us a surface area of 3cm²
3. Check the pricing table below
Using the below pricing table, we can see that a tattoo of 3cm² falls into our cheapest price range of Up To 5cm² and can be treated for as little as $48 per session!
Following this method, you should be able to get a pretty good idea of how much your tattoo will cost to remove.
Order Multiple Sessions & Save 20-60%
We’re currently providing significant discounts for those interested in removing multiple tattoos during a single session. When you opt for the removal of a single tattoo, you can enjoy a 40-60% discount on the regular treatment cost for each additional tattoo you choose to remove. If you book a 3-session package, you’ll receive a 20% discount on the largest tattoo removal, along with a 40% discount for any other tattoos you’d like to eliminate. For those who choose a 6-session package, a 40% discount applies to the largest tattoo removal, and a substantial 60% discount is offered for each additional tattoo you wish to remove!
Extremely Favorable Pricing For Larger Tattoos
A lot of laser tattoo removal clinics have a tendency to overcharge when it comes to larger tattoos. They often demand over $800 per session, even though treating these tattoos typically requires just an extra 10-15 minutes compared to smaller ones. However, we’ve adopted a different strategy. We’ve chosen to increase our treatment costs only slightly as the surface area grows, and this way, we pass on the savings to you. If you’re looking to remove a large tattoo, you’ll find that we offer the most competitive rates in Brisbane, without a doubt.
How much do laser tattoo removal treatments cost?
The cost of your treatment will depend on many factors, including size of your tattoo, skin type and age with single session prices starting from $120 and package prices as low as $48 per session! To get a guide on price, please see the cost for laser tattoo removal Brisbane. Alternatively, you can book a free tattoo removal consultation to get personalised treatment information for you and your tattoo. We also have AFTERPAY, INKMONEY, ZIPPAY & INKPAY finance options.
Can you remove eyebrow cosmetic tattoos?
Yes, PicoWay is one of the few picosecond laser that is effective in removing cosmetic tattoos.
Why do some tattoo removal clinics quote 15+ sessions?
Hopefully you are not considering IPL removal as an option to remove your tattoo. This technology is not designed to remove tattoos and will lead to scarring and skin damage. The reason for so many treatment sessions is the IPL clinic is using older, slower and less powerful Nd:YAG Q-Switched technology. As you will see from the information on this page, there’s a significant difference between nanosecond and picosecond lasers. As well there is still a significant difference between the PicoWay and PicoSure devices. PicoWay is the only system to choose to remove your tattoos quickly and completely. Choosing an inferior system will cost you more in the long term as the overall costs will end up more expensive with more treatments required than choosing the PicoWay.
What is the recovery after a treatment?
The time between treatments at CB Ink will be significantly less than most other clinics. This can be as little as 4 weeks between sessions, but this will depend on many factors.
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Feel?
Pain threshold is different for every person and also it depends on the area getting treated. The pain in having the tattoo removed is less than getting the tattoo. The treatment time is much quicker than receiving a tattoo. The feeling is similar to a rubber band flicking your skin or oil touching your skin while cooking.
We approve the use of topical anaesthesia creams for anyone requiring pain control. You can purchase and apply yourself 1 hour prior or come in 1 hour prior to your appointment and we will apply it for you.
How Many Treatments Are Required with the Syneron Candela Picoway – Picosecond Laser System?
With the advanced Candela Picoway Laser System, the average number of treatments to achieve total clearance is between 6-8.
Factors Contributing to Tattoo Clearance
Every person’s immune system is different and each tattoo is different. We will do a full consultation and then customise the treatment protocol. A list of different factors affecting the number of treatments vary for every individual based on the following factors:
Skin Type: The Fitzpatrick skin type rating scale from Type I skin to Type VI. This is basically from fair skin that burns and never tans to very dark skin that never burns and tans very easily.
Location: As fractured tattoo pigments are being attacked by the body’s immune system the effectiveness of the immune system varies based on the body region. As the head and neck maintains the largest vascular supply, the immune system is the strongest in this area resulting very effective tattoo ink elimination. Then the upper and lower trunks are next then the extremities receive the last of vascular supply. This means tattoos on the hands and feet will take the longest time to have total tattoo clearance.
Colours: Tattoo ink is made from a mixture of varying compounds. Professional inks are different to inks used by amateur tattooists. The colour of the pigment differs in the size of the granules. Black ink is the easiest to remove due to small size and lacks metallic elements and absorbs the laser wavelength. Red is the next easiest then green, yellow and orange.
Amount of Ink: Increased intricacy of design also affects the tattoo. The 4 categories of ink are divided into: Amateur (letters, words or small symbols), Minimal (one colour, simple design), Moderate (one colour, complex design) and Significant (multicoloured, complex design).
Scarring and Tissue Change: Tattoo placement can cause scarring which is an overproduction of collagen. This can encapsulate the ink and hinder the penetration of the cells of the immune system. This will result in lowered effectiveness of tattoo removal.
Layering Tattoos: Many people decide to hide old tattoos by using new tattoos to perform a “cover up”. Since this requires layering of darker ink this means more treatments for tattoo removal.
Individual’s Immune System: This is the hardest to identify. As each person’s immune system is determined by the state of health. This factor will determine how well your body will get rid of the ink.
What is the Minimum Treatment Interval with the Syneron Candela Picoway?
The Candela Picoway uses true picosecond technology that delivers photoacoustic peak power and shatters the ink pigment with very little photothermal effect. This method ensures that the surrounding tissue doesn’t receive any heat. The process of complete healing is quicker. As well the ink pigments are shattered into miniscule particles which allows the body to remove the particles much quicker than with nanosecond systems. Therefore, the treatment intervals are 4 to 6 weeks.
Does Laser Tattoo Removal Cause a Scar?
The older style lasers (CO2 lasers) essentially caused a burn that would disrupt the ink and cause an injury which resulted in a skin trauma. This would scab over and the ink essentially was ejected from the body with the scab. This method was effective but also produced severe scarring.
Candela PicoWay employs the latest state of the art tattoo removal technology the fractures the ink into tiny particles that your body’s immune system eliminates. Our professionally trained certified clinicians carefully input the correct settings matching the skin type meaning you will get the results you expect with minimal chances of scarring. Unless the laser system is a picosecond or q-switched the laser is not designed for tattoo removal which means more chance of scarring.
It must be stressed that the procedure is still employing the use of a powerful medical grade laser and the different types of inks are next to impossible to determine. If the operator isn’t trained correctly or if the operator uses settings that are too aggressive scarring can occur. Inks can react to the laser that may cause reactions to the skin. In less than 2% this can result in textural changes in the skin after healing. Our expert clinicians are certified skin therapists and their protocol is based on “best practice”. This means the clinicians care about skin integrity as much as removing the tattoo. On large tattoos a patch test will be implemented with a follow up in 2 days to determine if there are any reactions.
What you will see during treatment is the tattoo developing a white frosted crust. Redness and some swelling will occur. Some blistering may occur as this is the body’s natural healing process but it is rare. A wound dressing is applied post treatment.
Can I Get Part of the Tattoo Removed?
The Picoway laser system has the following spot sizes: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10mm. With the smaller spot sizes we are able to treat tattoos with a high degree of precision as well as just treating the areas of the tattoo you want to remove and avoid the parts you want to keep.
Who Performs the Procedure?
All our clinicians are expertly trained certified skin therapists. Each clinician undergoes extensive training in the operation of the laser systems and performs many hours of clinical training. The advantage of having a certified skin therapists is they understand the science of the skin and how skin reacts to lasers. Certified skin therapists can assess each patients’ suitability and provide the most accurate treatment protocol.
How soon can I get laser tattoo removal after a tattoo
PicoWay: As PicoWay operates in the photo-acoustic parameters you can treat your new tattoo after 4 to 6 weeks of getting the tattoo and the skin is completely healed.
Can I Tattoo Over the Same Area I Have Just Treated?
Once the skin is healed completely you are able to tattoo over the same area. Many of our patients want to remove an old design to allow their new artist to create their new artwork. We are able to return your skin to a new “canvas” to get the tattoo you have been dreaming of.
Can Laser Tattoo Removal Cause Cancer?
Laser therapy uses non-ionising radiation in the form of a concentrated light source that produces a very fine laser beam. Laser therapy does not use the same ultraviolet (UV) wavelengths as those found in sunlight (i.e. UVA and UVB), which are known to damage the DNA in cells and cause skin cancer. Non-ionising radiation is also different to ionising radiation (e.g. nuclear radiation, X-rays), which is also known to cause cancer. There hasn’t been any clinical linkage in the use of laser to cause any cancer in the 40 years of laser therapy.
Are There Any Conditions That Prevent Laser Tattoo Removal As Suitable Treatment?
List of Precautions
- Recently tanned skinned cannot be treated. A client must avoid sun for 2 weeks. Otherwise blisters and hyper (dark skin)/hypo (light skin)-pigmentation may occur.
- Fake tan must be discontinued for a week prior treatment.
- Infected or acne break out area must be avoided.
- Wait 6 months after Accutane therapy.
- History of photosensitivity to infrared light.
- Seizure disorders.
- Medications and Supplements: Daily anti-coagulation therapy, iron supplements, herbal supplements such as ginkgo, ginseng or garlic and fish oil supplements may bruise more readily.
- Photosensitizing Medications: Medications that induce photosensitivity or medications in or around the 532, 755 and 1064nm wavelengths range. Stop the medication if possible for 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- Topical Medications and skin care products: Stop 72 hours pre and post.
- HSV 1 & 2: Do not treat if active lesion(s) are present within the intended treatment area. Patients with a known history of frequent HSV 1 & 2 lesions should begin prophylaxis prior to treatment as prescribed by their healthcare provider.
- Poorly controlled Medical Conditions: These clients should be carefully evaluated by their healthcare provider for medical clearance.
- Active skin infection: Avoid treatment of open wounds and skin that is actively infected.
- Keloid scarring: Perform test spots prior to treating larger areas.
- Implanted medical devices: Pacemakers, cardioverters and other implantable devices or fillers consult healthcare provider.
Why is PicoWay the Gold Standard in Laser Tattoo Removal?
PicoWay Picosecond Laser System is “The Gold Standard”
- PicoWay is the fastest Picosecond Laser System on the market. PicoWay 450ps vs Picosure 750ps. Faster means less thermal damage to the skin and creates a true photoacoustic shock wave.
- PicoWay has the highest peak power of picosecond laser system. PicoWay 0.9 gw vs Picosure 0.36gw. This means the peak power of the PicoWay is 4.5 times more than Picosure. The photoacoustic shock wave shatters the ink into the tiniest particles for the immune system to remove the pigment. This allows the immune system to process the ink through the body.
- PicoWay has 2 wavelengths of 1064nm & 532 nm while Picosure has only 1 wavelength 755nm. PicoWay can treat all colours and skin types. Picosure can only treat black and can not treat darker skin types safely.
- All these factors mean you can have tattoo clearance within 4 to 6 months.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY LASER REMOVAL TREATMENT
- Avoid skin irritation or intentional skin tanning. Sunblock is advisable when
outdoors during daylight hours.
- The use of self-tanning skin care products must be discontinued 1-2 weeks
prior to treatment. Any residual self-tanner must be removed prior to
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment.
- Use daily a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen SPF 30 or greater for 4-6
weeks prior to and throughout treatment.
- Some medication may contradict with receiving treatment. Please advise
the clinician of any medication taken, (both prescription and nonprescription),
so we can safely treat you. A doctor’s clearance letter may be requested.
- Arrive for treatment with clean skin. There should be no lotion, make-up,
perfume, powder or bath/shower oil present on the skin in the area to
- A topical anaesthetic should be used only as directed by a physician and
only if necessary.
- Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may
be more sensitive to treatment and the clinician may use dental rolls, gauze
or a tongue depressor to isolate the area and make the treatment more
- Immediately after treatment, there should be a “slight frosting” on the area that
is treated. Erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site can
occur and may last up to 2 hours or longer. Pinpoint bleeding may also occur.
- Following treatment of the tattoo apply a lubricant (Aquaphor® Healing
Ointment or Aloe vera gel) to the area and cover with a non- stick dressing
and paper tape. Apply lubricant and dressing for 7-10 days following treatment
and then re-cover the treatment site with a non-adherent dressing affixed with
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyper-pigmentation
- Use daily a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen SPF 30 or greater for
4-6 weeks prior to and throughout treatment.
- The treated area should be cared for delicately until healing is complete.
Prevent trauma to the treated area for the first 7-10 days following treatment.
Avoid physical exercise (aerobics, lawn mowing, sport activities) for 1-2 days to
reduce the risk of infection. Do not participate in any rough physical activities
(playing football or ice hockey, etc.) for 10 days post treatment and avoid
excessive perspiration to the area as it may cause tissue disruption.
- After the treatment, the skin will scab over. It is very important not to pick,
scratch or aggressively wash the area to prevent possible scarring. This crust
should flake off in 7-10 days.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the area gently, as with
any other wound.